Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Balls to the Wall

Today is the start of one of my favorite times of the year.  CAN Volleyball starts today for me.  CAN is an alumni group that does all kinds of sports and other events.  This is my 5th, count em, 5th season playing for this team.  I started when I was still in college.  It's coed, competitive volleyball.  It's really intense, I've gone to the hospital from this league thinking I broke my hand.  And we play double headers that kick my ass.  I LOVE IT.  It's also one of the only things that I do that none of my friends do. 

My team has changed over the years.  In the last year alone we had 2 marriages and 2 babies.  All of my friends/teammates are about 5 years older than I, so that probably makes sense.  I'm very happy for everyone but I feel like they are making such great progress in life while mine just stays stagnant.  Oh well, I appreciate Sundays now for not only football, but for volleyball. 

No comments: