Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Watch Out, I Can Kick Ass Now

Last night, Al, katmcd and I decided to give LA Boxing a try.  LA Boxing has been around for a while and they always offer a free first class.  I've wanted to try it for a long time, but was excited to finally do it.  All I needed to pay for was the hand wraps.  So we met up around 545 to purchase our wraps and they gave us a pair of gloves to use.  I guess if you go there as a member you're expected to purchase your own gloves. 

The class itself was pretty good.  I thought I was going to die during the first 10 minutes of warm up.  It was really fast-paced and we didn't use our gloves right away.  Cardio, toning, and basically killing people was first.  By half-way through the class I was feeling a lot better and started having a lot of fun.  My arms were like spaghetti afterwards but I was pretty happy and the class just overall kicked my ass. 

Then we went to talk to the guy about prices before we left.  HOLY SH*T.  The enrollment fee is $199, and montly payments are $120 per month if you contract for 1 year, and $94 per month if you contract for 2 years.   If you wanted to be awesome, and pay for a year in full, that would cost you a whopping $1488!  As much fun as I had in that class, and as great of a workout it was, I jut think those prices are incredibly high and really unreasonable. 

So I tried it, I liked it, and I won't be doing it again.

1 comment:

katmcd said...

Seriously, dear La Boxing, Please offer drop in classes.

Love, K