Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I Want You, I Need You, Oh Baby, Oh Baby

Everyone knows dating in the District and surrounding area is next to impossible. I never been able to figure out why, but many people come here out of college and are looking to have fun, or they're already coupled up with someone not from the area. In my personal experience, all of my 3 relationships in DC, including the one in college, all started out with a drunken hook up. Next thing I knew, I was in a relationship. Every time. So apparently, I'm not helping this situation.

I read multiple blogs talking about the horrible dating scene and it seems to get them down.  To that I just have to say, keep your heads up or just keep drinking.

I have to tangent for a hot second because I realize I never really talked about what happened with my last relationship over this summer. I still won't go into all of the details, but I think knowing about these events will help make it a bit more clear why I think the way I do. And if it doesn't, well, too bad. This guy basically stormed into my life, practically lived with me, told me he loved me 3 weeks into it, and then started to get mad at me for everything including losing at bocce (on the beach no less), and beer pong. The weekend of World Cup of Beer happened, and he got so mad at me that I wouldn't cheat on this game for him. Basically, think of the child game, Pin the Tail on the Donkey. Now exchange "tail" with "baby", and "donkey" with "Ronaldo". Same exact game though. I was judging, his team was playing, they lost. He wanted me to rule the other team disqualified. He then stormed off and wouldn't talk to me the rest of the day. We all went to the bar, and we got into another fight. Then he disappeared for 2 days, called me at work and dumped me over the phone. Ridiculous?  I think so.

Moving right along, have you ever read the Date Lab from the Washington Post Magazine? This shit is hilarious, especially when 2 people really have nothing in common. But it can be cute when they actually get a relationship out of it.  I think the best though is that I actually saw someone I knew during college on it. I wish I knew him well so I could ask him more about it, or I really wish one of my friends would do it. Date Lab is also a great time waster if you're bored.  Maybe I'll secretly submit an application for one of my friends.  That could be fun.

On another side note, I'm pretty much looking for anything that can occupy my time in the next few months.  Knowing full well that I don't travel for Thanksgiving (I have it with my little fake family here), and that I won't be going "home" for Christmas (I'm too old, an only child, and my mom's a newlywed....is there something awkward about those 3 things?), and my sports seasons are on hiatus until late January, I'm going to be in need of a time occupier.  So far I've signed up for another 10-Miler in VA Beach in December.  Maybe I'll actually train for this one.....yeah probably not.  I'm far too lazy and I hate running.  Then what?  The holidays are fastly approaching (gross right?) and I'm just still confused on where the hell 2010 went.  It seems like just yesterday was NYE 2009 where I was being called by my friend Justin at 6am asking me to come get him while he was roaming the streets of upper Georgetown in a hospital gown. Don't ask.

One other thing.....OH HEY WINTER.


EDIT:  3 other quick bits
1. On Thursday, I called this guy who is consistently rude to me in my office a jackass to his face.  I felt avenged and it was wonderful, although not professional.
2.  Today, I released Tony in fantasy football.  I've never not owned him...even when he was injured before, in all of my leagues, in all 3 years that I've played.  This is so sad. 
3. Randy Moss....are you seriously getting released from the Vikings.  YOU ARE SO DUMB.

2 comments:

Legs said...

Thanks for the tip about date lab! Sorry about the ex. Yeesh! Is that guy for real?? And yea, hello winter!

KT My Lady said...

Yes, I've quit dating for the time being because it's just too much work. High risk, low returns. I'm out for now.