Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Like a Duck

I'm just sitting here, calm on the surface, but really anxious and busy and crazy under the surface.  My new role has been nutso.  It feels like I've been on this project for weeks, but it's only been 4 working days.  It's honestly so great though.  I feel totally different about work than I did, even from just a month ago.  I knew work could feel like this.

There's a lot going on and I think I can just honestly say how happy I am that this year is coming to a close. 

Last night, katmcd and I went to see Brandon Flowers in concert at the 930 club. 



I love him with the Killers, and I've seen them in concert before.  But I really didn't know much of his stuff.  It was a really great concert.  I love watching him perform and I really liked his solo music.  We were standing on the balcony up against the rail and some bitch asked katmcd if she could move down.  She said, "uhm, no, I've been here since 7pm so I could have a spot."  That girl was rude and we just stood there.  Somehow, we also ended up above what I dubbed as "couples corner."  When we looked down from the balcony, everywhere was couples.  Some were cute, some were just bizarre, and others were flat out tanked.  I don't know, I just felt a little sad watching them though.  It's probably just the holidays, and I can drink that sadness away. 

In other news, this weekend katmcd and I are driving to VA Beach for the Surf N' Santa 10-Miler.  We had so much fun at the Army 10-Miler that we decided to do another.  No pressure, it's not about the running time, it's just about completing it and really enjoying being there.  Then we'll party that night and head home on Sunday.  I've never been to VA Beach and I think it'll just be super fun. 

I cannot believe that it's December.

No comments: