Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

I Really Know How to Pick 'em

So last night as I'm sitting watching football, I get this email and it's from Linked In.  This guy who I haven't talked to in well....a year or so, but really in 3 years wants to connect.  ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?  Let me first just go back to my senior year of college, when I was at McFadden's one random Thursday night.  I met this tall guy who was kind of cute and chatty.  We ended up going on a sort-of date to Lucky Strike, but really had this year-long hook-up.  We did not date, we just had fun.  It was fine because I wasn't looking for anything but after literally a year or calls only after 2am, I was like, ok man, we can't do this anymore.  And that was it, we didn't chat after that.

Then last summer, after more than 2 years, I was hanging in Charlottesville, and I got an email that he Linked In me.  (Yes, I've actually been through this pattern before.)  He sent me a message also that said something to the effect of "Hey, how are you, etc."  So I sent him an email (because he had left it in his Linked In message) and was like, "Oh hey, this is so random, I'm fine, what about you?"  I then got 1 email back, then I responded, and then NOTHING.  Not only nothing, he de-Linked In me.  WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!

So now, more than a year after that, he fucking Linked In me again and my favorite is this:

First name has indicated you are a Friend.

We are not friends.  Let's also go ahead and throw out there that I just searched him on Facebook and he's in a relationship.  I hadn't even thought about this guy since he pulled this shit last year, but of course I had to search him.  Honestly, I just don't get it.  What in the hell could he have to say to me?  He wasn't ever necessarily nice to me (he certainly wasn't mean, but didn't go out of his way to be sweet, etc) when we did know each other, and a part of me actually thought that he might be in a relationship when we were hooking up.  But seriously, talk about fucking a girl up. 

So do I accept and go through this shit storm again?  Or do I be a total bitch and send him a message to the effect of, "You can't be serious"?  God I am over DC men.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tell him to fuck off