Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oh, Hi Fall Weather

Yesterday in DC, it was 80 degrees.  Yes 80.  I had a t-shirt and work skirt on and I was totally comfortable.  This morning, as I'm running late and trying to get out the door, wet hair and all, I get in my car, crack my windows and drive outside and proceed to get blown in the face by a gust of ridiculously chilly wind.  WHERE DID YOU COME FROM????  I know, I know, it's October, but I was so thrown off.  Thank goodness I had a cardi in the car.  OMFG, I can finally wear my boots....sweet. 

Today, I am majorly stressed out.  Basically my entire life for the next year lies in the hands of this man who is choosing his staff for another project within my company.  If I'm picked, I'll be traveling around the country, 6 weeks at a time, with weekends either in the location of my work, or back here in DC.  I'd give up my apartment, and hopefully be happier with work.  Right now I'm on a project that is miserable.  Some days I come in and don't speak to anyone.  Like I said...miserable.  This other project sounds great and would put off my move to Chicago.  I also need to tell my apartment complex by the end of the month if I'm going to resign or not.  And lets say I don't get this position, then the Chicago move is on, hopefully for next September, and I'd need to see if my apartment would even let me sign for 9 months.  So really, everything lies in this man's hands.  I should hear something this week???

At least I have things to keep me busy.  Tomorrow, I'll be meeting up with my volleyball teammates who I've played with the last 4 years, some longer than that, at Founding Farmers for happy hour.  I've heard that this place is great, but I've never been.  Friday I'll be attending a fabulous dinner party with some really great people.  Sunday I'll finally be back with MB at the pub for Football Sunday!  Yes, that is in caps.  It's been forever (read: 4 weeks) since we've watched the games together.  Next week is filled with sorority family dinners, and preparing to run the Army 10-Miler next Sunday.  Holy crap I'm freaking out about that.  More on it later though. 

Also, have you ever eaten these:



I tried them and love them!  So weird and tangy yet delicious. 

kthanksbye.

No comments: