Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekend Recap

Let me just tell you how honestly fabulous this weekend was.  Friday night I had a short shift at work, was home and asleep by 10:30.  Saturday, I slaved all day in the kitchen to make this:



Basically, it's a healthy version of a chicken pot pie.  Katmcd, MB and I needed to eat well before our race on Sunday.  We all gathered at katmcd's house to eat and have a fabulous afternoon carving pumpkins.  Here is mine:



And the group's:



Then we went over to the DC Armory to pick up our race packets and walk around the expo.  And finally, we walked next door to RFK stadium to see DC United's final home game of the season and Jaime (Hi-Mee) Moreno's final game before retiring.  We had such a great time and it was my very first United game!  We joined in on the cheering and just had this fabulous evening.



Obviously this morning was the Army 10-miler.  I totally freaked myself out, but in the end, we had such a great time.  My unofficial race time is 2hr 20min.  To me, that's fine.  I never in my wildest (or horrific) dreams did I ever think I'd be able to complete 10 miles, and to think that I did, and I ran a solid 7.5 of them, I'm just so proud of myself.  I'm also so proud of katmcd and MB for running and trying and really just enjoying the experience.  I'll post pictures when the official ones are up. 

I'm so happy that we finished the race together. I'm so happy we had such a great weekend.  And I am PUMPED for the Halloween weekend we have coming up.

No comments: